Does the idea of visiting a dental clinic in NE Calgary make you feel anxious or afraid? Would you prefer to just deal with discomfort and pain rather than contact your dentist? If this is the case, you aren’t alone. Dental anxiety is extremely common, and many individuals avoid getting the dental care they need because of it.
Luckily, there is a solution! With sedation dentistry near you, you can get the dental care you need while feeling completely relaxed and comfortable.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry helps patients relax during their dental procedure using medication. Most sedation medications allow patients to remain conscious but in a thoroughly relaxed state during their entire procedure. Sometimes, patients feel comfortable enough that they do fall asleep. Sedation dentistry makes it much easier for anxious patients to visit the dentist, making it easier for the dentist to get their job done.
Types of Sedation
We offer three levels of sedation at Sunridge Landing Dental Care. This allows our dentist near you to customise your experience to your specific needs.
1. Inhalation sedation- This type of sedation uses nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, inhaled through a mask. It will leave you feeling awake but completely relaxed. This is the best solution for people who experience some level of anxiety at the dentist but only require a light form of sedation.
2. Oral sedation- In this case, your dentist will prescribe you a small pill to take before your visit. This type of sedation offers mild to moderate levels of relaxation, depending on the dosage. This is a good option for individuals who require many treatments in a single visit and need longer sedation.
3. IV sedation- This is administered intravenously and is fast-acting. It will keep you asleep during your visit, and you will wake up feeling rested with your procedure already finished. This is ideal for those who have extreme anxiety or who require extensive treatments.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
There are multiple benefits of choosing sedation dentistry in NE Calgary, including:
• Comfort- When you are sedated, you will experience the easiest and most stress-free dental visit possible. After your treatment, you will feel well-rested and have almost no memory of what happened. Patients are often stunned at how easy their dental visit was.
• Time saver- Because patients can relax, the dentist has an easier time working in their mouths and getting multiple treatments done in just one visit. Not having to visit our dental office multiple times saves you both time and money.
• Certified professionals- When you get sedation, you can trust that you are in good hands. The sedative will only be administered by our certified dentist and, if deeper sedation is needed, a trained anesthesiologist will be present to ensure you remain safe.
Visit Sunridge Landing Dental Care
Visiting the dentist shouldn’t be a horrible experience, and sedation dentistry can greatly enhance your visit. If you require dental care but are anxious to visit our dental office, our team of dedicated dental professionals is here to help.
At Sunridge Landing Dental Care, we are happy to offer our patients sedation dentistry options so that they can get the dental care they need without increasing their stress levels. If you would like to learn more about how sedation dentistry could help you and which type of sedation is best for your needs, contact our clinic to speak to one of our dental professionals today!