Dental Bridges Near You
Missing teeth negatively affect the aesthetics of the smile and face. However, missing teeth are more than just a cosmetic problem. Chewing difficulties, jaw discomfort and changes to the bite are all consequences of tooth loss. Furthermore, missing teeth have emotional consequences and causes most patients feel less confident about their smile and overall appearance.
If you have recently lost one or more teeth due to injury, disease or natural causes, contact our dental office for treatment information. We provide dental bridges near you to replace a gap in your smile caused by a missing tooth. Generally, a dental bridge consists of one or multiple prosthetic teeth called pontics. Pontics are secured in place by two dental crowns, which are called abutments. The abutments use the teeth adjacent to the gap as anchors to secure the prosthetic teeth. To avoid movement of the restoration, dental bridges are cemented into place.
There are three different types of dental bridges in NE Calgary, AB T1Y 6L4 offered by dentists, these include the following:
- Traditional bridges: This type of dental bridge is typically made from porcelain fused to metal or ceramics. It is the most popular type of dental bridge. It is comprised of one or multiple pontics and held in place by dental crowns.
- Cantilever bridges: This type of bridge is used when a patient only has an adjacent tooth on one side of the absent tooth or teeth. This type of dental bridge is the least common and is not a preferred option as it can put too much force on existing teeth at the back of the mouth, which can cause damage over time.
- Implant-supported bridges: This type of bridge is comparable to traditional bridges, but it also varies as it uses dental implants rather than natural teeth to support it. For each missing tooth, a dental implant is surgically embedded into the jaw.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
- They restore the smile.
- They restore chewing function.
- They preserve the shape of the face.
- They reinforce the bite.
- They prevent existing teeth from shifting out of
What is the Process for Getting Dental Bridges?
The process will entail two dental appointments. During your first visit at our Calgary dental clinic, the abutment teeth are prepared, and impressions of the teeth are made. A temporary bridge will be provided by our dentist to protect the teeth while the bridge is being made.
During the second visit, the temporary dental bridge is removed. Lastly, the fit of the permanent dental bridge near you is assessed before it is cemented into place.
Are you interested in receiving dental brides in NE Calgary? Schedule a consultation with us to see if you’re an ideal candidate.