Have you felt self-conscious most of your life because of your crooked teeth? Have they affected your ability to laugh wholeheartedly and accept yourself? If you’ve tried braces and found them to be uncomfortable or are simply nervous about them, worry no! For we use Invisalign at Sunridge Landing Dental Care to help you get the most beautiful smile and maintain proper oral hygiene.
Is Invisalign a good alternative to braces?
Invisalign has several benefits and therefore, is quickly gaining popularity. Hence, people are switching to those over traditional metal braces. Some benefits of Invisalign include:
- Improved Aesthetics: The clear, practically invisible aligners are much less noticeable than braces. So that you can straighten your teeth without feeling self-conscious about your appearance.
- Comfort: The aligners are made from a smooth, flexible material that is designed to fit comfortably over your teeth. There are no wires or brackets to irritate your mouth.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners can be removed so you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss, which makes it easy to clean out food particles that get stuck in your teeth and makes oral hygiene easier.
- Customized Treatment: Invisalign treatment is customized for you! Your dentist in NE Calgary will create a personalized treatment plan according to your teeth.
- Shorter Treatment Time: In many cases, Invisalign treatment can be completed in less time than traditional braces.
- Better Oral Health: Straighter teeth are easier to clean, which can improve your overall oral health.
In the end, Invisalign is a convenient, comfortable, and effective way to straighten your teeth and improve your smile.
How will a dentist near you provide Invisalign?
The entire process involves several steps, including a consultation with our dentist in NE Calgary, digital scanning and imaging of the teeth, and the creation and use of custom-made aligners.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of how the Invisalign process works:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with our dentist to determine if you’re the right candidate to get Invisalign near you. During the consultation, our dentist will examine your teeth and discuss your treatment goals to determine if Invisalign is the right option for you.
- Digital Scanning and Imaging: The next step will be creating a 3D digital model of your teeth using a special scanner. This allows us to create a customized treatment plan that maps out the exact movements your teeth will make during treatment. You can also see a virtual representation of your teeth at the end of the treatment.
- Aligner Fabrication: Custom-made aligners will be created for you, using advanced computer technology. Each set of aligners is designed to gradually move your teeth into the desired position.
- Wearing the Aligners: Once the aligners are ready, you will begin wearing them as directed by your provider. You’ll typically need to wear each set of aligners for approximately 15 days before switching to the next set. The aligners are removable, so you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss at your convenience.
- Progress Checkups: Throughout your treatment, you’ll be required to come in for regular checkups with us to ensure that your teeth are moving as planned. Our dentist may make adjustments to your treatment plan if needed.
- Completion of Treatment: Once you’ve gone through all the aligners in your series, your teeth should be in the desired position.
Overall, this unique dental journey can take anywhere from several months to a couple of years, depending on the complexity of your case. Call on (587) 324 2160 or walk into our office in NE Calgary to get Invisalign near you.